151 River Road, Erwin, TN
Hikers, Boaters, Rafters, Fishing Enthusiasts, Race Fans, Mountain Bikers, and Hostel Travelers, all enjoy the lodging and services at Uncle Johnny's. Open Year Round, our cozy little oasis is located only 68 feet from the Appalachian Trail and 70 feet from the scenic free- flowing Nolichucky River and practically in the enchanting town of Erwin,Tennessee. A village where services are reasonably priced. No crowds or traffic jams. We are only 1.1 miles from Interstate 26 and 30 miles north of Asheville, North Carolina. 18 miles south of Johnson City, Tennessee.
Rustic on the outside our cabins are located just 5 minutes outside of Erwin,Tennessee at the edge of the Cherokee National Forest near the Appalachian Trail and the Nolichucky River. You will be pleasantly surprised as you step into our cozy cabins for your getaway. Seclusion, peace and tranquility await you. Experience nature at its best as you breath in refreshing mountain air. Take an early morning stroll through the forest near the river and listen to the sounds of nature and see local wildlife. Within easy driving, walking or bicycling distance of lakes, waterfalls, restaurants.
- Amenities here include:
- Free High Speed Internet with Wi-Fi and computer access
- Dormitory style hostel, private rooms, and cabins with TV/VCR, tent camping on grassy sites with picnic tables and grills.
- Large restroom facility with 5 showers, 5 toilets, 6 washbasins, hot water, soap, shampoo, conditioner, towels and washcloths
- Laundry service, free loaner tee-shirts, outside wash station for your pots, pans, boots, other gear.
- Outfitters store with the trail hiker in mind carrying products from MSR, Sweetwater, Primus, Therm-A- Rest, Platypus, Suunto, Smartwool, Bridgedale, Princeton Tec, Outdoor Research, Katadyn, Jet-Boil, Wigwam, Nikwax, Equinox, Terramar, Eureka, Wechsel, Black Diamond, Superfeet, Petzel, Hennsey Hammock, Brunton, Vargo Titanium Products, Lafurma, Golite, Seal Line Bags. Fox River, Spenco foot beds, Exponent, Nalgene, gear repair and more.
- Hikers pay phone, which also receives calls, on our front deck. Great prices on pre-paid phone cards. Fax and package drop-off service and access to Internet service.
- We accept mail-drops 12 months out of the year, We accept everything, Fed-Ex, UPS, and USPS parcels at no charge.
- Free bikes for town trips. Erwin's municipal bike and walking path is less than one mile from our front door.
- Responsible, legal, insured shuttle services for section hiking, slack packing, airport, bus station, motel and town. Free town and church shuttles for guests.
- Free National Forest Service swimming beach with rest rooms, changing rooms and a beautiful picnic area only 400 yards upstream.
- We have sit-on-top kayaks, canoes and tube rentals for the lower Nolichucky. We also offer the very best area rafting trips.
- Visa and Mastercard accepted. Work exchange is possible
- Responsible pet owners with well-mannered dogs are welcome.